IS GOOD GAMES FREE?
YES! Good Games is 100% free, and we hope to keep it that way!
We will, however, be adding a shop where you are able to shop for user merchandise, GG gear, Coupons, and much more!
IS THERE A MOBILE APP FOR GOOD GAMES?
No, it’d need to be custom built. This is a topic that has been discussed since the idea for GG has started. And it’s not like we don’t want to do it. We would be more than happy to have that done, but here are the problems that we’re facing right now:
- Creating a generic mobile app and putting in an app store would mean that that app is free, made by us and branded by us. Login using: Community URL, Login, Password. Which first of all is bad usability for many reasons:
- looks shady if it’s a generic app
- you have no control over the branding
- you have no control over the navigation or anything really
- There are some changes that must happen in PeepSo first to make sure that Push notifications are possible. That means pretty much rewriting the entire notification system so it’s platform agnostic. That alone is an investment of around $10,000 – $12,000 in development cost. Only then the push notifications can be implement easily and ‘natively’. It’s possible now too, but would require creating custom plugin for your site to catch notification events and transform them into push notifications.
- What I’d love to be able to do is to create a development kit of an iOS and Android apps at least. That kit could be taken by you or whoever else, branded the way you want it to be etc and then you put it in the AppStore or Play store either free or paid one depending on your community type. The issue here is that the development cost of hiring at least 2 developers who could do that drastically overshadows what users are willing to pay for apps.
- Development kits pricing. Many people have no idea how much work goes into creating mobile apps. To create a simple app from scratch it’s a cost of thousands of dollars and can be into 6 figures or more to be honest. You can read more about this here: https://www.formotus.com/blog/figuring-the-costs-of-custom-mobile-business-app-development For us to not even be profitable but to break even on development cost of such kits for iOS and Android we’d need to charge at least $5,000 per kit (that’s $10,000 for iOS + Android) and sell at least 50 units per year. So far not a single user of PeepSo declared that they have such funds. Also what’s need to be remembered is that we’re not mobile app developers. So we would actually need to hire dedicated people to handle not only development but also support for such apps.
- Alternatives. There are always alternatives so people go to AppPresser and similar solutions which can be great. It won’t be an actual App-App, though. Never will. It’ll be a frame around your website and it’ll pose as an app so it will have its limitations. But hey, at least it’ll cost just a few hundred per year. That’s why for now we recommend looking that way.
- YOU ARE ABLE TO MAKE A HOME SCREEN “APP” LIKE VERSION FOR A QUICK LINK TO THE SITE
- IOS: visit ggsgamers.com > Bookmark the site > Save to Home Screen
- ANDROID: visit ggsgamers.com > Bookmark tab > Save to Home Screen
IM HAVING LOGIN ISSUES/ VERIFICATION WAS NOT RECIEVED.
Our office hours are from:
Monday-Friday 9am-10pm CST
Saturday-Sunday 12pm-10pm CST
Please allow 5-10 minutes for your email to go through, make sure to check your SPAM and JUNK folders as well. If you still have not received a verification link please email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org . We will get back to you within 5-10 minutes with a confirmation of verification.
If you received a verification but still are not able to log in, please email us at email@example.com and we will send you a unique login password for you to access your account. MAKE SURE TO WRITE IT DOWN!